It flashed on the television screen The death toll rising It was just another stat for me Just an inanimate number General Knowledge Before that day
Before that day It was just a boring news piece Repeated all the time Shouting matches on television No on cared bout the dead Just numbers to them To me
Some days less some days more A minister said deaths per capita were less Tell that to the widow Percentages and line graphs and histograms And vultures and hyenas for trps So dry no emotion Before that day
Anchors and politicians Calculating and comparing Different countries and classes By deaths and cases Like stock market Humans in flesh and blood Like shares and indices
These lives these smiles What destiny held for them Who knows Gone away in the icu To just become another statistic Another pawn for politicians to fight about
Thousands and thousands of people Becoming numbers Meant to be forgotten in days
The magnitude made me numb I didn't care It wasn't me Wasn't my family It didn't affect me To me it was a Just a never ending vacation
Rates of poverty and unemployment Didn't matter to me as a child Misery and anguish of people Millions and millions of people Just a figure to be momentarily saddened by
While I cursed at the zoom meeting screen Someone's mother and father passed away gasping for oxygen Leaving a newborn orphan And while I ate the same bland food Someone died walking miles towards his home
Before that day It didn't matter It wasn't me Wasn't my family Till it was
It's painful A person becoming a statistic
Just to make it sure Me and my family are safe Yeah I took a line from a cranberries song hope you can find
anger is felt in the stomach the core of our bodies.
it eats your heart and feeds your body fire.
our rose colored world becomes red hot and we see flames atop our enemies heads.
our words bite off heads and cut through spears, we seethe with danger.
we feel ultimate control and power. power to tear down the others. power to eat them alive. power to destroy the sun, and become it with our burning heart that turned to ash when we forgot our human innocence, that we gave up to let out anger drive us.
however forget not that the control and power is an illusion. a lie to keep yourself in check when you're the most insecure person in the room. let your anger humble you.
anger is felt in the core, but is driven by the soul and stems from betrayal.
Started this one a few days ago but couldn't get it to come out right so I never finished it. Not sure if it's right, it probably *****, but it's finished! ;p Been kinda slow to write anything lately, and I've fallen behind my own internal challenge, but oh well. Depression has been ringing my bell like a prize-fighter whose mother I just insulted. Viciously insulted, apparently. Ahl be bahk.
Summer’s heat. A blazing storm. A soft breeze. Thunder and lightning. Birds chirping. Loud crying.
I can’t tell you what life is... It could be a feeling, Distinct and distant, Present and close. If I could blend all its colours It would be the brightest of lights, The most brilliant of whites, Shivering in fright, Shining with might, Flickering in and out of sight.
How can I be here, And you can see me? Both of us Pulsing like waves Upon waves As the perfect harmony plays.
Each pulse, a chord. Each move, a dance; Every emotion is a trance. And if I bring all these sounds together, I couldn’t bear it. My heart may burst out of my chest, Because I cannot possibly experience These many faces Overwhelming my senses Rendered senseless.
So it is with a heavy heart that I admit, I can’t tell you what life is.
Gradually I'm getting possessed, obsessed by thy love--craft, emotionally flew his heart reaching out to her's. He's intoxicated drunk in love. Lost in the lovesome thought of her's. His heart is detained underneath the water of her soul. So we're sensitively soul mates. We met as 2 rivers confluences. Indescribe-able what these mean. #C9_fm
1. Silence She opens her brown eyes wide But shuts them tight quickly Time passes She tries again This time squinting She looks at the clock So carefully arrange on the bedside table 7.03am
2. Silence The world is gently stirring Soon people would be making their way to work Like ants filing out of their nest to forage Five minutes more pass "I'll get up now" she thinks
3. Silence Broken by sudden noise The air around crashes violently Heat and noise invades her sanctuary Explosion, the whole room rocks and shakes The silence and dust
4. Catherine Maddis was her name It stated that upon her door beside the bell Which lay across the floor in the hallway Shouts, screams and pleas pierce the haunting silence From beyond the hallway Footsteps echo
5. The dust settles Smoke seeps into the room All is still, the pleas fade Slight movement, a spark of life Her arm falls, a trickle of blood trails to her wrist She looks so peaceful
6. So quiet Broken by the increasing sound of footsteps Far, far, nearing, nearing, faster, faster Faint echoes and scrambled words Finally a peaceful silence remains Fade away