Everyone is your friend unless proven otherwise
2. If he doesn’t answer, don’t keep sending texts. If he cared to talk to you, he would’ve responded.
3. Getting no message is also a message.
4. Don’t mistake knives with flowers when handed to you.
5. Sit on the floor of your shower until you can breathe again. Water will always love to love your skin.
6. Start writing with the intention of filling up one page. Write until your pen stops working and your hearts stops bleeding.
7. You are never anyone’s anything. You are not made to be owned.
8. Don’t make compromises you can’t live with. Compromise is a different version of what you want, not a whole other universe.
9. “No.” is a full sentence. Learn to use it.
10. Learn new vocabulary – because why the **** not? Write down your new words that you learn while reading, use them in conversations; expand your vocab, because when you are sitting there on the bus ride to real life, you’ll be glad you have.
11. Don’t expect people to walk through fire for you.
12. Don’t always be so **** prepared to walk through fire for others. Love doesn’t mean sacrifice. Love shouldn’t mean sacrifice.
13. Learn to let people pass through your life; like a summer breeze, not a storm that’s just been unleashed.
14. Sleeping is not possible when you’re angry or sad.
15. Love yourself the way you loved yourself at ten, before the world had a chance to fill your head with ugliness.
16. You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
17. Plan things. Have something to look forward to.
18. Music isn’t about a social projection of your personality. Love what you love and don’t ever be sorry for it.
19. Forgive, but never forget.
20. Train your mind to see the good in everything.
21. Do not spend your life searching for a place to call home. Make the bones in your skeleton the only structure you need.
22. Patience is amazing. Waiting is hard, but worth it.
23. People will make time for you when they care about you. If they say they’re too busy or constantly if they constantly cancel their plans, they don’t care. People fight for you when they care.
24. Care. Not many people give a crap anymore.
25. Don’t try to be pretty. You were meant to burn down the earth and graffiti the sky. Don’t let anyone ever simplify you to just “pretty”.
26. Love burns out.
27. We are not responsible for what we have come to be, but if who you are doesn’t make you happy, then take a different path.
28. It’s nobody’s job to fix you. He just has to be there to hold you’re hand while you try to fix yourself.
29. If we could decide who we loved it would be a lot simpler, but much less magical.
30. Do not set yourself on fire to keep others warm.
31. Find your people. I don’t mean someone who also likes the same tv shows as your or someone who shares your love for cereal. Your people will bring out the best in you. Your people that you can talk to until 3 in the morning and feel like your heart has grown.
32. Take a bath. Sleep in. Eat fruits and vegetables. Drink lots of water. Go for long walks. Treat yourself. Love your body. Exhale.
33. Create a plan that will be enjoyable for exercise and just do it. –no ******* around this year.
34. Take the bricks they used to throw at you and build a ******* castle.
35. Always bring a sweater. Even if you think it won’t be cold.
36. Pay attention to what people say when they’re angry. When you make up and they tell you they didn’t mean any of it, know that they did. Also know that they wish they didn’t. But they did.
37. You’re not over it if it still makes you angry.
38. Read more. Read classics, read newspapers, read magazines, read fictional books, read joke books,
read poems. Just read.
39. Do not let what he wants eclipse what you need.
40. Bleed for better reasons this year.