I've been biting my lip
Wearing my own blood as lipstick,
tears as mascara.
Whilst solidarity whispers dark words into my ears.
they tell tales
of how pretty
- please see the definition of toska, as no single word in the English dictionary has the ability to encompass the depth of the word
I fear losing someone.
No, not to another.
But what I fear more is
and not missing them
not like I should.
- truth is the victim of war
They come to me.
But they never seem to go as easily
as they come to me.
I'm a simple girl.
I want nothing more than to bathe in my solitude.
But these men,
so foolish by nature
they want nothing
more than to claim me.
They threaten my essence.
And so well
I hurt them.
So well I hurt them too - my dear
So well in fact
that they come for seconds.
And when I start hurting them
I can't seem to stop.
I carry their morsels,
in my every stride
in my sway lies their broken hearts.
At night, I lay on a bed of virtuous compliments.
I adorn my flesh with their promises
my skin reeks of their tenderest secrets.
a construct of their desires alone.
You will hear their fervent pleas
from time to time
concealed so effortlessly beneath my laugh
a soft cackle.
It is true.
I have dulled many lives.
Yet I have never felt more alive.
Because my dear
I’m sure that you too
I wear them well
- do not try to convince her that your companionship is better than her solitude
you tiptoe around them
as though they are museums
paintbrush in hand to dust their
veil in hand to clothe their
but tell me,
how do the exhibitionists serve you?
- the exhibitionist is a person who behaves in extravagant ways intended to attract attention, often a narcissist.
you fight depression
armed but with a frown
your mother's tenacity
I hope that they told you
that for every bad
- bad habits don't make you a bad person
at times, they would choke me
other times, I'd simply forget how to breath
- the intensity of those butterflies always crippled me
He always wanted me to write about him
he would joke about it quite often
I'd dismiss it
I'd dismiss him
he's all I write