being mean to people that hurt you won't make you feel any better.
2. whatever it is, you've got to get over it. it made you sad then, there's no reason it should make you sad now. live, learn, and move on with love.
3. there's nothing wrong with using social media. use it to educate yourself. follow national geographic, the new york times, politicians, zoos, museums. the world is at your fingertips. or use it to watch worldstar videos, i don't care. whatever makes you happy.
4. don't apologize for who you are. maybe you're sassy, introverted, independent, cheesy, maybe you love 70's rock, maybe you love starbucks, maybe you love justin bieber. it's all perfectly fine. never let anyone make you feel sorry for who you are.
5. if someone acts like they don't care about you, it's because they don't.
6. you might never understand all that your mom has done for you. be nice to her.
7. you need to be nice yourself, too. treat yourself to sunrises, puppies, sleeping in, and morning runs followed by donuts. you deserve it.
8. what's meant to be will be. in the meantime, respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy. the best days of your life are ahead of you.
in honor of my 18th birthday in a month. i am very open to critique and suggestions