Life is not fair. You will face challenges and the world will try to knock you down. Stand strong.
2. You most valuable possession is your voice. Don’t let anyone steal it. Use it. Make yourself heard. Be proud.
3. You are so much more than your body. You are healthy. You are strong. You don’t need to be thin to be beautiful.
4. Love always wins. One day, you will meet the love of your life. Things will not be perfect, but they will be good. You will be joyful.
5. You are not your parents. You are not their mistakes. You don’t need to please their every expectation. You are not going to be perfect. But you are their daughter, and know that they did their best.
6. Intelligence is not ****. Confidence is not ****. Self-love is not ****. These are essential if you want to survive. Don’t do things to please men. Do things for yourself.
7. It is okay to be alone. As long as you are safe, you can enjoy things in your own company. Sometimes you need to focus on yourself.
8. Silence is golden. It gives you time to think. That is not always a bad thing. Learn the sound of your heart beating. It is keeping you alive.
9. Ignorance is not bliss. Educate yourself. Ask questions. Never stop learning. Keep wondering. Discover everything.
10. Not everyone will like you. Not everyone has to. Don’t change yourself to cater to other people. Do not listen to the lies they tell you. You are enough as yourself. You are perfectly okay.
If only I had who I am now as a role model when I was younger, I’d be so much better off. But I had to go through what I did to get to this point. For that, I am grateful.