I'm waiting for the sun to rise;
going to cut these worldly ties.
Remembering summer reveries,
The autumn chill, the falling leaves.
Look at how we both have grown;
change for all the time we've blown.
Remembering the winters snow,
the stars above, the ground below.
Lets atone for throwing stones;
we can mend the broken bones.
Remembering that spring revives;
brings new light to cloudy skies.
A place newly freed from the grips of its mother
Struggles with the rules that keep the mezzanine from
1) The official and ever-wanted right to speak one's mind
In a way only they can do. Religion, politics,
Every matter ever opinionated.
2) If a man entered your home and threatened
Every loved one that lived there, would you want to be helpless?
Defenseless? Or would you kill or maim to protect
Your family? A gun, a knife, and the right to do so?
3) Many people would be honored to house a soldier.
Simple as that, but what if they didnt?
Money is tight, there is no room? And they are sick of giving up
Their own beds and food for a soldier fighting for
Something they do not agree with?
Preventative measures are needed.
4) Nothing to hide, but constantly searched.
Is privacy really that unimportant?
No; it is important.
5) A crime, a trial; it should be obvious.
The same crime twice? Impossible.
Self incrimination? Non existent.
6) The right to know what you've been accused of,
To have a quick trial with an attorney and witnesses at your defense.
Imagine having no clue, and suddenly having a gun to your head?
7) A crime done by you or another,
And a jury to help the decision, but not step in the
Judge's place. Simple discussions of which laws applied and not
No longer took place.
Sed lex, dura lex.
8) The banishment of cruel and unusual punishment,
Outrageous fees payed for bail, pain inflicted in strange ways.
The morality of punishment made into law.
9) A common arrangement that an individuals rights,
Not written in the constitution, are secure and valid.
Yet, for some odd reason, it had to be added to prevent
Violation of these rights.
10) Finally, the abilities of each individual state
To decide and enforce for its own people.
The individuality each separate place craves and
Wants as a child wants his own decisions to be made.