I think I'm going blind. I'm under the impression you've disappeared. That you're gone for good. That you've eliminated yourself from my retinas in order to escape my mile wide stare. That you've constructed homes under tombstones hoping I'd mistake you for A box of under-appreciated skeletal remains Because all you've ever wanted is to be dead to me. Like you wanted my eyes to forget about their day job and resort to conceptualized adultery Because God forbid I commit to an honest day's pay. I've never intentionally visualized imaginary fabrications. But the truth is, my eyes do everything but tell the truth.
1. My eyes write monotonous picture books with your face plastered on every single page Just to recreate your physical beauty time and time again So the world knows your look tops my mind's best seller list.
2. My eyes climb mountain tops and skinny dip in stormy seas Because sometimes crazy is the only way I can get you to look at me.
3. My eyes fly hot air balloons carried by the echoes of your soft spoken sentences As if exhaust pipes could spew such sweet nothings into the night sky.
4. My eyes invade foreign lands with every intention of burning down Prehistoric villages and discovering your secret hideaway because I too Want to know how it feels to savagely destroy former sacred territory.
5. My eyes struggle out of bed every morning. Not even Three shots of espresso can perk my eyes up enough To allow the radiation you still give off enter my pores.
I think I'm going blind. Or maybe I just can't see straight. Or be straight up with you and tell you how it takes every part of me To not gauge my own eyes out for betraying the rest of my body. It takes every part of me to admit my misjudgments spawned the downfall of it all. Because I told you I saw the two of us trekking through unfamiliar lands With each stride another step towards our destiny. Because I told you I saw something in your eyes That gave mine the ability to smile. Because I told you I saw us redefining what infinity Looks like to the senseless visionary. But my eyes don't tell the truth. I'm going blind.