(1) the same sky that covers me covers you,
my sky is gray and yours is so blue.
(2) i just wanna hold you close and hug you tight,
i wanna hold your hand and kiss you goodnight.
(3) tomorrow you board the ship, what a wonderful trip it’ll be,
as you sail along the bluest of waters, remember to think of me.
(4) i love the sound of your voice for it is so sweet,
i cannot wait until again our lips meet.
(5) amidst the clouds the sun is brightly shining here today,
but still your smile shines brighter in every single way.
(6) over forty eight hours since i last heard you speak,
but you’ll be home from the sea in less than a week.
(7) i can’t help but wonder if you’re still alive and real,
for your strong arms and sweet kiss are what i can’t wait to feel.
(8) the distance continues to drive me insane,
but our love is stronger and it will always remain.
(9) forever i’ll be waiting for you and watching the skies,
because i miss you more than you’ll ever realize.
(10) you’re back in this country which is a great sign,
for soon your hand will interlock with mine.
(11) the anticipation grows as the hours ever decrease,
for tomorrow my heart will be complete and finally at peace.
(12) finally we’ve reached this long awaited day,
my love is coming home and my love is here to stay.
the love of my life went down to Florida and on a cruise for a vacation. So while I was stuck in Minnesota, missing him like crazy, I decided to write a little poem for him each day he was gone, and here is the final product :)