1) If you change every ten minutes, that is okay. You do not have to be the same person every day in order to be real. You also do not have to continue spending time with anyone just because you are used to them. If they are not good to you, you can leave at any moment.
2) Gender is a jail cell. You do not have to wear the shackles if you do not want to. Be yourself. Do not be a slave to stereotypes, roles & limits. What you have in your pants should not make you more or less of anything you want to be.
3) Love is free and you can take as much of it as you want. The amount of sex a person has does not make them inferior or superior. No one has the right to tell you that the way you are dressed is inappropriate. You can wear anything you want to. Society's fear of the human body is fucking nonsense.
4) Do not let anyone convince you that your feelings are not acceptable. Nothing you feel is a flaw. Depression is not a weakness. Happiness is not selfish. You do not have to be moved in the same way or have the same outlook as anyone else. You are not insane for having emotions and you should not have to hide them.
5) Be kind but stick up for yourself. You have a voice for a reason. You do not need to play dead when you are being hurt or feeling offended. Speak up. It is okay to dislike what is happening around you.
6) Addiction is painful and very real. Do not let anyone make you feel guilty or unworthy of help. Do not listen to anyone who says they do not feel sorry for you. Yes, you have the power to stop it but you still deserve support and sympathy whether you caused it or not. And not all addictions are chemical...
7) Your scars do not mean you are thirsty for attention. Self-harm is a real issue. Do not question your own feelings because of what anyone tells you your motives were. You know yourself better than anyone else. If you are willing to hurt yourself, something is very wrong. Get help. You deserve recovery.
8) Just because you are an artist does not mean you cannot fix your problems. Getting better will not make your work less powerful. Pain is not the only way to create beauty. Safety is more important and security can be gorgeous, too. You can be dynamic and okay inside at the same time. Plus, your memories will always be your's to talk about and look at even when happiness is reached.
9) You do not have to follow the structure and time line of life that has been mapped out for you since day one. You do not have to graduate high school. You do not have to go to college or be in the military. You do not have to get married. You do not have to have children. You do, however, have to do whatever it takes to survive and be happy. You should do whatever the fuck feels right to you.
10) You do not have to believe in a god or be part of a church to have faith. You can believe in yourself instead. The idea of karma should not be the deciding factor in all of your decisions. You should have the capacity to reason all on your own. You do not have to believe in your government or love your country. Seeing the flaws in the fabric does not mean you do not deserve to live here. The Earth is your's. It is man who draws the borders and makes the laws and you are just as significant and worthy as the people who are in charge. Act like it.
Isn't it crazy how things just change in a flash?
Kinda like when you wake up in a hospital,
finding out you were hit by a drunk driver in a car crash.
You begin to break down, little by litte.
You start to question things,
feeling like you don't know who you are,
going through random flings,
wondering how the fuck did everything get so bizarre.
But then life picks up and you begin to look up,
finding yourself and loving yourself over the negatives.
excited that everything is going right side up,
like you're life is suddenly a prerogative.
That is what makes healing so appealing.
Feeling yourself grow stronger.
Standing up tall, no longer kneeling.
That is what makes you live longer.
There's no one in this world
That I want more than you.
You're always stuck in the back of my mind,
Emerging as I lay my head down to sleep.
My heart aches when I think of you,
Of your smile,
Only 3 words have ever been spoken between us,
And my thirst to know you is unquenchable.
Sometimes I'll look at you and wonder,
Is it possible to love someone you've never meant?
Where does the time go?
Yes, it seems everyone asks this
While they watch as a time they know
Slowly goes into the dark abyss.
I, like many others, swear
To only look for ten minutes, at most,
Okay, perhaps ten more if I dare,
Upon the new twitter post.
But I cannot resist the pull
I feel towards the status updates
Maybe I really am a fool
For wasting time when homework awaits.
Secrets To My Brother's Farm
"Before you run off to the chores,
I have a secret you must learn,"
And so the messages are passed
On how to operate this tractor or that truck,
Which I, the visitor, must discern.
"This tractor's clutch will soon go out,
Unless you heed these words,
Keep rpm just high enough, but not too much...
Idle her down before you slip the clutch."
"The key won't work in the old pickup,
Just pull up the knob there on the dash,
Then give the coat hanger wire a pull
until the engine fires...oh...did you check the tires?"
"Oh, while we're at it, see that old truck?
It doesn't like to start on the first try
So turn it over a couple times for luck
And then she'll start and never die."
"The air compressor switch is gone,
so plug it in to make it go, but first
Be sure to drain the tank, or it won't run,
The motor's tired and and has to have an easy start."
"The tires on the trailer need more air,
Especially the left one in the back,
Slow leak is all it is, but if it goes,
A newer tube's up on the rack."
"The loader's got a special wire
That you must clip to get the alternator charging,
(And if you ever do forget, the ire
You'll feel when the wires start to burning.")
"This cow's alright, but don't forget,
To feed her last in her own bunk;
She likes to fight, and we'll need the vet,
If others crowd her to a funk."
"Don't lean on that, or you'll get hurt;
I've meant all spring to nail it."
"The handle broke, so you have to get out
By rolling down the window."
"Watch out! The guard is off that thing;
It'll take your arm just quick!"
"Turn the key and let it spin, not once, but twice;
Then wait a second and she'll run."
"Be sure to shut the gas valve off,
Or it'll drain out on the ground."
"No brakes, so drive her carefully.
Keep it in a lower gear, and need be,
Hit something cheap."
"Two scoops only is the limit
You'll make her sick with more."
"Be sure to double-wire the gate;
The cattle will get out."
"We save the egg shells for the garden;
We never throw away what we could use."
So many secrets to remember,
I sure could use a list.
What I get when I suggest?
A look equivalent to a hiss.
In the fullness of night
I want to be your light.
The one that blazes the trail
For you to follow without fail.
I’ll hold your hand, and you mine
Until we make it out just fine.
Don’t look back, stay with me
Then we’ll always be
Together amidst the darkness.
He wields his hammer
time and space
e x p a n d i n g
crushing metal to earth
to vibration to sound
my head snaps to the left
vibration through earth
through atom through drum
a fire ignites...a fire BURNS...a fire smolders
apertures contract straining to focus
heart valves pump unnaturally
oxygen is scarce
and i s
arms of steel
guide my hips...
strands of gold
brush my neck
(open your eyes)
kisses so light
turn to a force of nature
(by the forgotten gods,
you are beautiful)
teeth playfully snap
(breathe, woman, breathe)
our neurons are mirrored
our pheromones agree
your cape is irrelevant
the crimson does not impress me
you do not need it to take flight
your armor is useless
i can pierce it simply
with a look from my blue eyes
what of your hammer, Thor?
it is all of what you are;
heavy with burden
spinning and light with hope
crushing the earth with music
raised high to lead
with a steady hand
hailing a booming storm
be assured - your hammer is your own
i do not desire to take what is yours
to smother your light
to limit your branches
i only wish to see you grow in strength
and so i will wait...
for the thunder of the hammer
crushing the ground
calling me home.
You were raised to become a shield
While I was raised to become a sword
A shield and sword have different roles to play
However, they have one thing in common
But you'll need to figure what that is by yourself
Although you won't find a quick answer soon
You will eventually find it one day
Because we have a long journey ahead of us,
Until then don't go off dieing on the battlefield before me
Since you are a shield who protects other
While I'm a sword that cuts a path for others
As each passing days go by
Our emotions, our feelings start to fade away slowly
We have seen many blood spilt before our eyes
Now it has become a daily occurance in the world we live in
But one day it will disappear in the near future we all seek to have
As the war draws to a close,
We also met our fateful day at last
Since that day changed everything
For you, me, our comrades and friends
Before we realized what had happened
You and I were the last ones left
But as you were a shield who protects others
I chose to fight in front of you
I became the sword that fought for our future
As I become fatigue and start to lose momentum
I soon find myself being struck by an arrow through my heart
My life starts to fade as I gaze up at the rainy sky
Only to realize it was your face full of tears falling on my cheeks
I had wished to have been with you in your future, but I guess that I can't now
Now days, weeks, months and even years have pass since that day
You are still full of happiness mixed with sadness in the life you live in
But as you tilt your head up towards the sky with a smile on your face
I look down at you with a smile in return
As you continue to live on with your life as it is
I'll always be with you
Then, now and into the future I'll be there for you
Because it was my dream to be with you
My melody is the tune,
the happy feal of june,
sleep untill noon rise awake for the moon,
No school no cruel!
where that dress with out havin to stress,
cauzz your a beuty'
remember. Not on deuty,.
The heat the sun out-on-a-run,.
bein you, duss havin fun.
we've all felt rain,
we've all delt pain
I'ts the natural I'ts the gain.
moving on will keep it sain.
bin there. done that.
she's odd, she's fat,
Cause you're "cool" HA, you Fool!
your'e word's you're slick?.
Your heart. your SICK,
we take the left because we know the right,
down the road they'll be a fight, thinkin thinkin up all night,
words they say sure aren't right,
the sky is blue' they have no clue your day got gray ,
you're thaughts are cray, you're mind is clay!? wer'e in may
SAY GO!, cant stay!.
it's long. might do you none...
walk you long. read can't go wrong,.
so now your'e hear,
You're sippin beer?
Look at that, Your'e finally cheer, :)
sincere a real friend to all, answer the call catchin ya fall. Jesse Mckush
"I hope you find happiness"
Are you saying I'm not happy?
But I hope that is what you're saying
Because it would mean someone is paying attention